Gamers.org Community Forums  

Go Back   Gamers.org Community Forums > Games > PC Games

Old November 29th, 2017, 08:59 am   #21
shizakapayou

I've been working through Mass Effect Andromeda for the last two months. It's okay, but it's not what I was hoping for. I'm not sure what I wanted to be honest, but it's a bit of a miss.

After that, I have two Walking Dead games (Michonne and Season 3), Wolfenstein The New Colossus, and some others to get through. I do have Fallout 4 still sitting around but I'm not sure I'll ever get to that. Mass Effect has done a good job of showing I don't have the time or energy (or attention) for such big games anymore.
shizakapayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 03:39 pm   #22
Bruenor

An actual post!

My gaming is weird.

I have a PlayStation 4 Pro and an Xbox One S hooked up to a 4K tv (although a smaller more entry level LG).

I only use the Xbox One S for the occasional Telltale game I am catching up on and mainly for 4K Blu Rays. The 4K Blu Ray drive in the Xbox One X is the same as the S so I haven't jumped on yet another console.

The PS4 Pro I used for enhanced Uncharted 4, and it was great, but haven't touched it since.

I've played my PC here and there but nothing steady.

I know I am going to sound weird here, but all of my time has been spent on my Switch... Playing LA Noire (never played it), Doom 2016 (playing again) and Skyrim (playing again).

Playing these on the tablet has been amazing, I rarely ever play my Switch docked to a TV. Skyrim as a mobile game, for me, is an experience I'd never thought I'd have, and I'm not sure I want to be tethered to a monitor or television again with it.

Yes there are some compromises, it runs at lower resolution obviously, but on the small tablet screen I can't tell the difference.

Playing it anywhere though, at lunch at work, travelling, etc. allows me to squeak in some game time, even if it is just minutes at a time.

And all I have to do is hit the sleep button when I'm done, and everything suspends. When I'm ready, hit the sleep button and I'm right where I left off in 2 seconds...

Honestly though, I think this only works for me because I don't have time to play at home. I just don't have the time or will to dedicate hours at a time playing a game. The Switch allows me to get around that and still enjoy some AAA releases (albeit older releases).

It sure beats playing on my stupid phone at lunch.
Bruenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 12:02 am   #23
NotSoFast
Glenn71

I finally saw a Switch in person over the Thanksgiving holiday. My nephew has one. I thought it would be bigger. I was underwhelmed by it.
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
NotSoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 01:18 am   #24
shizakapayou

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizakapayou View Post
I've been working through Mass Effect Andromeda for the last two months. It's okay, but it's not what I was hoping for. I'm not sure what I wanted to be honest, but it's a bit of a miss.
I finished it last night. All three of the originals were an immediate new game+ (or three) for me, I have no intentions of doing that with Andromeda.

The Walking Dead games I have (and Season 2 of Batman, I think) are Xbox, Wolfenstein is PC. Most of my Xbox time is streamed to my PC though.
shizakapayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 01:28 am   #25
Bruenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoFast View Post
I finally saw a Switch in person over the Thanksgiving holiday. My nephew has one. I thought it would be bigger. I was underwhelmed by it.
You know, I was too when I first got it. And oddly enough, I wasn’t even all that impressed with Zelda either.

But then I got Doom and Skyrim and something just clicked. To play these full AAA games on the go, for minutes at a time even was a revelation. Says something about Bethesda and their ability to shrink down those games and get them to run so smoothly on that mobile hardware, Rockstar too.

All those years wasting time on crappy mobile games on my iPhone, this was how mobile gaming was meant to be.

The sad thing is, the newest flagship phones from Samsung, Google and Apple are already way more powerful than the Switch, but nobody is making these gaming experiences on those platforms (yet).

Now, i will be the first to admit, if you’re expecting to use this as a home console and get state of the art graphics or anything like that... yeah let’s just say this isn’t replacing a PC, PS4 or Xbox One.
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:07 am   #26
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

I want to get the Switch but the price man! Though I am very close on upgrading my Xbox One S to X for the glorious 4k sports and racers

Your today is yesterday’s consequences. Your yesterday laid the foundation for today. Your beliefs and the actions triggered from those beliefs have delivered you to your today, your now, and your life. If you’re not happy in your life now, it’s time to STOP and reflect on the road you’re traveling and how you got there—and then change roads..
Rafal Dudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 09:50 am   #27
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafal Dudek View Post
I want to get the Switch but the price man! Though I am very close on upgrading my Xbox One S to X for the glorious 4k sports and racers
I thought the same price about the switch. A handheld system with mediocre graphics for basically the price of a premium console. But it's got "Nintendo" stamped on it, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. I went to the Gamestop page to browse the games for it and I think I saw maybe two I would actually play on it and one of the is Skyrim that I have already bought...twice, including the Legenday version.

I can't get into the "Japanese" type games for some reason. They just rub me the wrong way and I don't know why, exactly. Then there's Mario and Zelda and I have absolutely no interest in either of these. So it looks like, as with all other Nintendo systems since the SNES, I won't be getting one. I bought into the hype of the Wii and got one when it went on sale, but I think I have logged about 15 hours on it in the 7 years I have owned it.
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
NotSoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:22 am   #28
Bruenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafal Dudek View Post
If you've got the TV and the funds, I'd say go for it.

HDR alone makes everything pop (and the One-S supports HDR in games, the PS4 basic always has) but 4K with HDR is great.

I don't have a One-X (yet) but even the not-quite-4K checkerboard technique employed by the PS4 Pro makes games like Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn look freaking amazing.

I would imagine racing games look incredible in the native 4K the Xbox One X can do.

Only reason I haven't jumped on board is I'm waiting on that can't miss Xbox exclusive (I don't do racing or sports really). In the meantime, the One S more than suits my needs and has a somewhat decent Ultra HD Blu Ray player.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:44 pm   #29
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

I ended up getting that Xbox One X to replace the S. The difference in terms of gameplay is huge. Everything runs much faster, games load faster. I have a 4k TV but it does not have HDR, but graphics still look good.

I'm currently playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, Forza 7, FIFA/Madden 18, and The Witcher 3 Complete Edition that I picked up during winter sale on it.

Your today is yesterday’s consequences. Your yesterday laid the foundation for today. Your beliefs and the actions triggered from those beliefs have delivered you to your today, your now, and your life. If you’re not happy in your life now, it’s time to STOP and reflect on the road you’re traveling and how you got there—and then change roads..
Rafal Dudek is offline   Reply With Quote