Gamers.org Community Forums  

Go Back   Gamers.org Community Forums > Games > Console Games

Old November 21st, 2015, 05:44 pm   #1
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Fallout 4?

I bought it for the Xbox One. I got about 15 hours into it and decided to start over with a different build. Got about 25 hours into this one. Barely scratched the main story, but it's very good so far. Lots of stuff to do and places to explore. I love the changes from past versions. You can see what's in containers and on corpses without clicking on them. Take your items and keep walking. The weapon and armor crafting is well done. You can tweak your items to match your play style. It does have a few minor glitches and annoyances, but nothing game-breaking for me so far.

Anyone else playing it?
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
NotSoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:27 am   #2
Terry Penrod

Just started Fallout 4 on the PC and am loving it.

Also like the crafting changes, quests and story very much.

So far the game looks like another winner for Bethsoft.

Cheers, Terry
Terry Penrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:28 am   #3
shizakapayou

That sounds like my experience with Fallout 3. I've got 4 on my list along with a few others, hope to get to it sometime soon. Is it working well on the One? PC is out for me so it's One or nothing.
shizakapayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:24 am   #4
Bruenor

I have it on the PC, but Digital Foundry/Eurogamer always does these fantastic comparisons of all versions.

For Fallout 4 they basically said both consoles off the same visual quality as the PC but suffer from some very noticeable frame rate drops that has a noticeable effect on gameplay at certain locations within the game, along with some sluggish controls.

Quote:
Of course, these battles don't account for the entire experience, but sustained drops are frequent enough to frustrate. Equally, we are going in with wild, real-time shoot-outs, rather than using the more methodical, slower-paced VATS system. However, when either PS4 or Xbox One takes a nosedive, it's impossible to ignore - it just doesn't feel quite good enough.

Fallout 4 is absolutely one of the most compelling open-world adventures we've played on console, and it's a shame this sluggish controller response holds it back. As always, there's a lot more to explore. But as it stands, there are serious rough points on console that need addressing both on PS4 and Xbox One - and we hope something can be done.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...out-4-face-off
Bruenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 05:05 pm   #5
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizakapayou View Post
That sounds like my experience with Fallout 3. I've got 4 on my list along with a few others, hope to get to it sometime soon. Is it working well on the One? PC is out for me so it's One or nothing.
Plays very well on the One. No problems so far.
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 05:11 pm   #6
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruenor View Post
I have it on the PC, but Digital Foundry/Eurogamer always does these fantastic comparisons of all versions.

For Fallout 4 they basically said both consoles off the same visual quality as the PC but suffer from some very noticeable frame rate drops that has a noticeable effect on gameplay at certain locations within the game, along with some sluggish controls.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...out-4-face-off
I have not experienced any sluggish controls or major frame rate issues. Maybe a second or two of 24-30 fps every now and then. Nothing any worse than that.

Also, the visual quality comparison is using a top of the line PC in their write-up, I'm sure. If you have a less powerful machine, there would be more of a difference.

By the way, If you prefer a more standard FPS experience and are looking for "cover", run up to a wall or doorway to the point where your character "tucks his gun sideways" and then hit your aiming key. You will then lean out to take your shot like in normal shooters.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 07:47 pm   #7
Bruenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoFast View Post

Also, the visual quality comparison is using a top of the line PC in their write-up, I'm sure. If you have a less powerful machine, there would be more of a difference.
I am pretty sure it was, and they said both consoles held up to the PC at Ultra too, so that wasn't a shot at the consoles at all, in fact they praised both consoles for it.
Bruenor is offline   Reply With Quote