Gamers.org Community Forums  

Go Back   Gamers.org Community Forums > Games > Game Industry News and Politics

Old June 13th, 2016, 11:57 pm   #1
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

E3 2016

So I watched the Microsoft E3 today (yay for working from home!). Looks like Microsoft is banking on releasing all their exclusives to Xbox and Win10. Greatly looking forward to Forza Horizons 3 and few other titles. Good times for us PC gamers!

Now watching the Sony presentation. Horizon and Detroit looked really good! Was not impressed with God of War, that FPS was horrid on the demo. Hopefully they optimize it a bit.

Unfortunately, that Playstation VR seems really under-powered. Looks like I'll wait a generation or two before jumping into that bandwagon!

Your today is yesterday’s consequences. Your yesterday laid the foundation for today. Your beliefs and the actions triggered from those beliefs have delivered you to your today, your now, and your life. If you’re not happy in your life now, it’s time to STOP and reflect on the road you’re traveling and how you got there—and then change roads..
Rafal Dudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2016, 10:55 pm   #2
Rob
Administrator

I was underwhelmed by this years E3. The quick teaser of the Walking Dead Season 3 was the highlight. In fact, the three games announced that had me interested were the Walking Dead, Dead Rising 4, and State of Decay 2. I am not even a gung-ho zombie fan, it is just those three games were the ones that interested me.

XBone S is not enough to get me to upgrade from my XBone. Scorpio and PS NEO will be changing the way consoles are sold. Gone are the 5-7 year life cycles and hello to a more PC based upgrade system. Not bad in my opinion, just different.

Skyrim HD is beautiful and will be free to those that own the PC legendary edition, but looks like my modded version of Skyrim. To get similar visuals without mods is a nice perspective.

I do not have a PS4 so I did not pay attention to Sony's presentation beyond just seeing what they had to show. I do not have the money to buy a new system and I am fine with my XBone. Honestly, ever since I hooked up my PC to the living room TV it gets 90% of my game time. I just wish the computer had more sports games.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:30 am   #3
shizakapayou

I honestly didn't pay that much attention to this year's show. I only saw a quick mention of DR4 (yay) and didn't know there was a new Walking Dead. I really only had interest in Mass Effect Andromeda and the new Xboxes. Andromeda didn't get much but looks good. The new Slim looks nice, but unless the trade-ins were really good and it had the 2TB drive by default (and comes in black) I'll wait and see what Scorpio does.
shizakapayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:45 am   #4
Rob
Administrator

Forgot all about Andromeda, but am highly looking forward to it. Recently replayed through the Mass Effect series with the much improved fan ending. To this day, the Mass Effect series sits on the top of all my gaming experiences.

More personal taste than anything, but I much prefer a white console. I am not a fan of the black glossy look.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 12:56 am   #5
shizakapayou

I've been holding out for ME 2 and 3 to get backwards compatibility. If they do I may do the series again.

As for white, I'm not too big a fan of it, but honestly part of it is everything else I have is black, it'd look weird ;)
shizakapayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 03:45 pm   #6
Bruenor

I didn't even realize the E3 was going on until I started getting emails from Amazon and Best Buy about their E3 pre-order promotions.

I have too many games in the now as it is, it's hard for me to get excited about future games and hardware.

I'm interested in the Scorprio and the Neo, but I won't even consider either of them until I have a 4K tv, and that's no where near the top of the priority list.

Since both Sony's and Microsoft's upgraded consoles will sell at a premium over the regular versions, it's simply not worth the extra cost with very little to no benefit without the proper television (to paraphrase MS's Phil Spencer).

Plus, there's no way in hell I could sell my wife on the need for a 4K tv so I can buy expensive, fancy versions of a console I already own I took me a while to learn to pick my battles, that's one I know I won't win.

As for games that I saw afterwards... Zelda seems like a hit according the massive heaps of praise it's received from the gaming press, God of War and Horizon look decent (if a little unpolished) but they both seemed to have borrowed a lot from the rebooted Tomb Raider.

Umm, what else was announced? Yeah, not really memorable or into it this year...
Bruenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 10:39 am   #7
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I was underwhelmed by this years E3. The quick teaser of the Walking Dead Season 3 was the highlight. In fact, the three games announced that had me interested were the Walking Dead, Dead Rising 4, and State of Decay 2. I am not even a gung-ho zombie fan, it is just those three games were the ones that interested me.

XBone S is not enough to get me to upgrade from my XBone. Scorpio and PS NEO will be changing the way consoles are sold. Gone are the 5-7 year life cycles and hello to a more PC based upgrade system. Not bad in my opinion, just different.

Skyrim HD is beautiful and will be free to those that own the PC legendary edition, but looks like my modded version of Skyrim. To get similar visuals without mods is a nice perspective.

I do not have a PS4 so I did not pay attention to Sony's presentation beyond just seeing what they had to show. I do not have the money to buy a new system and I am fine with my XBone. Honestly, ever since I hooked up my PC to the living room TV it gets 90% of my game time. I just wish the computer had more sports games.
I think Skyrim HD will be aimed directly at the new consoles. Especially since Skyrim isn't released on them and isn't backwards compatible, either. Which I found out last night when I popped in my 360 version and was told so. So disappointed.

As a side note, I was wondering what would get people talking here again. Now I know. See you guys after E3 '17.
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
NotSoFast is offline   Reply With Quote