Gamers.org Community Forums  

Go Back   Gamers.org Community Forums > Games > PC Games

Old February 24th, 2017, 06:11 pm   #1
Rob
Administrator

Gaming

With the new computer threads, time to ask about gaming!

What is everyone up to game wise?

I have been playing mostly RPGs, but that is nothing new. I have played through Fallout 4 three times now. I have modded the hell out of it and spend hours upon hours building my own cities. People complain it is not a good Fallout game, won't argue for or against that one, but I definitely think it is a good game.

Then there is The Witcher 3. I skipped the first two games, despite owning both of them, and tried reading the books, but could not get into them. Witcher 3 though... wow, one of the best gaming experiences. I finally finished the main story line a few weeks ago. I am taking a quick break, but plan on starting the two expansions in the next few days. Apparently I have another 40+ hours ahead of me. Good times!

The Mass Effect series is still king in my book (with the fixed ending), so I am super stoked for Andromeda. I may have to wait awhile on that one though. Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 were gifts, and all my other new games are the freebies from XBox Live Gold. Money is tight, but there is still plenty to play.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 01:02 am   #2
shizakapayou

I honestly haven't played much lately. I played all of the Telltale Batman series, which was pretty good. However, since Thanksgiving/Christmas, I've had Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, The Walking Dead Michonne, and probably something else I'm forgetting, all for the Xbox One, that I just haven't had time for. I did start playing the Zerg part of Starcraft 2 recently though now I'll probably just wait until I'm done with the new computer before continuing.

For being such a big Mass Effect fan, I keep forgetting Andromeda is so soon. I don't really know why, but it doesn't seem to be appealing to me much yet. I'd guess it's just the general lack of time and energy for gaming at the moment.
shizakapayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 01:10 am   #3
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Just picked up Dishonored 2 from Kinguin.net for about $30. Liking it a lot so far. Couple of hours in so far.
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
NotSoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:12 pm   #4
Bruenor

I've been playing World of Warcraft a lot lately. I basically play it as a single player game these days.

I just set up Family Sharing on Steam so my son can play Ark of my account under his own Steam account and frees me up to play other games in my Steam library at the same time, so I may get into some Witcher 3.

I've also been playing Star Wars Battlefront and Garden Warfare 2 on Origin Access a bit here and there.

On the console I finished up Telltale's Batman and Minecraft Story Mode recently. I like both of them quite a bit.
Bruenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 10:44 pm   #5
NotSoFast
Glenn71

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Downloaded it from Steam and gave it about an hour of play tonight (beta version, I believe since it is going to be released on Tuesday) and it's great so far. If you like a story based game that is totally unique, this is for you. Just make sure to turn on tutorials since it's not your run of the mill rpg. The game world is different than other games and so is the way you interact in it.

I got the Steam code off of Kinguin.net again. That's about 5 things I have gotten from them at great prices...sorry to sound like an infomercial.

But Windows 10 Home code for $30, BF1 for $40, Rise of the Tomb Raider for $30, Dishonored 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera for $30 each.

They also offer Xbox Live codes for good discounts, too.
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Mobo, i7-7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic case in Anthracite gray, Logitech G710+keyboard, Logitech G400 mouse, Acer P241WBD 24" LCD.
NotSoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 06:40 pm   #6
shizakapayou

I finally started Rise of the Tomb Raider. I don't know what took me so long, but now that I'm in, I'm really enjoying it. I miss the not-snowy setting of the first, but otherwise it feels like more of the same, which is great.
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:10 am   #7
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

I've been mostly Playing Warhammer: Total War and Civ 6. Have very little time doing it too lol between work, family and school. But I sneak in a session or two!

Your today is yesterday’s consequences. Your yesterday laid the foundation for today. Your beliefs and the actions triggered from those beliefs have delivered you to your today, your now, and your life. If you’re not happy in your life now, it’s time to STOP and reflect on the road you’re traveling and how you got there—and then change roads..
Rafal Dudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:54 pm   #8
Mr. Natural
Psychedelic Flashback

I'm just about to win the space race in Civ 6. I've never managed to do that in any of the Civ games before. Since I've been playing in epic mode my game success has increased a lot. In this particular game I'm playing the Kongo guy which is great fun if you like not having to worry about religion as part of the game. It's been fun using opposing prophets to make all cities lose their primary religion and have a basic pantheon. Along with that I focused on science and have defeated 3 leaders and command around 3/4 of the planet. It's actually become boring but I want to see the animations for the space race.
Mr. Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 11:29 pm   #9
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

If find Sumeria very overpowered in the early ages since the warcarts are very strong, cheap, and move fast. Not to mention no penalty against pikemen. Clearing out barbarian camps gives a goodie hut reward. The warcarts upgrade to Knights in medieval era for extra toughness. Using warcarts, I can usually take out 3 closest civs around me before people start hating on me due to warmongering

Your today is yesterday’s consequences. Your yesterday laid the foundation for today. Your beliefs and the actions triggered from those beliefs have delivered you to your today, your now, and your life. If you’re not happy in your life now, it’s time to STOP and reflect on the road you’re traveling and how you got there—and then change roads..
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:48 pm   #10
Mr. Natural
Psychedelic Flashback

Naturally since I said I was about to win the space race I wind up winning that game last night with a culture victory. D'OH!

So I was robbed again. Honestly I have trouble focusing on one direction to shoot for in the game. I knew I built way too many wonders this time around and didn't devote enough science as early as I should have.

This last game was a pretty long one. Probably took a week to finish so not sure if I'm ready to dive back in. I say that and yet I'll probably start a new game tonight. I've been looking over the Steam achievements and may consider trying to knock out more of those. I currently have around 24 unlocked.
Mr. Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:20 pm   #11
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

Play on a harder level :)

Old May 3rd, 2017, 02:48 pm   #12
mandrake
The Doctor is In

I've been back into Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360 with the occasional Need for Speed: Underground. Both are fairly infrequent.
mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:03 pm   #13
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

I picked up Prey. It's REAALLLYY good. It's like a blend of System Shock 2 with Half Life. I swear, playing first 30 minutes felt like playing Half Life

Old May 25th, 2017, 11:09 am   #14
pcfreak

Been playing Civ 5 & 6 a bit lately but not much else. I've gone over to a Hackintosh with my PC, running OSX instead of Windows, so gaming options are limited. It's fine though because my gaming habits have changed a hell of a lot. I use the PC for 4k video editing, using DaVinci Pro for colour grading and Final Cut Pro X for putting the videos together. It runs much quicker than it would with Windows installed so losing 2/3rds of my Steam games library is OK.

I'm undecided about Civ 6, I think it's going to end up me preferring Civ 5. The graphics are great and some of the changes are welcome but 5 just keeps drawing me back more than the other.
pcfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 09:03 am   #15
shizakapayou

I played through Wolfenstein The New Order recently. My new PC handled it on all high settings easily. I wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed everything about it, it was the right mix of action and weird setting for me. Looking forward to the new one though I imagine I'll wait for a sale.
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:41 pm   #16
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

Picked up Dishonored 2 on sale. Going to get started on it. Played Prey and finished it, was a good game. Waiting on them to release more updates/DLC for it with inclusion of NewGame+

Old August 4th, 2017, 11:44 am   #17
Mighty Pirate
Caroline

I don't play the same games as you guys but this year I started several but only finished one. Finished: Obduction and still to complete: The Witness, Quern, and a few smaller puzzle games. I had to stop playing for a while because I've been renovating a new house since January and we moved in just 3 weeks ago. Still living in chaos but the clean out has revealed just how many older games I have hoarded and not finished or even started. So I'm pretty much set for the next year but only when all the work is done.
Mighty Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 10:52 pm   #18
Bruenor

Kind of weird but I've started playing SWTOR. Having stopped playing WoW a while ago I didn't think I would be playing another MMO.

But, I got a good deal on 2 month sub with my Origin Access membership which gave me 10% off further and it was also in Canadian $ which saved me a few more bucks. All expansion content included.

It's been nice playing with my wife as well.

I've already put over 40 hours into it so even if I stop after my time expires I can easily say that I got my $25 CDN worth.
Old August 17th, 2017, 03:05 pm   #19
Rafal Dudek
Supreme Leader

SWTOR is great, even just for the stories. My last playthrough was with a jedi shadow, it was so nice to sneak past everything, including heroics :D

I did enjoy WoW's legion last year. Wish they would put some more love into old world content.

Old August 18th, 2017, 12:36 am   #20
Bruenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafal Dudek View Post
SWTOR is great, even just for the stories. My last playthrough was with a jedi shadow, it was so nice to sneak past everything, including heroics :D

I did enjoy WoW's legion last year. Wish they would put some more love into old world content.
Yeah, we're basically playing the game as a single player game really, the class and world story quests are great to play through. I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer as a main with my wife. Playing that one total dark side when given the choice. My other character is a Bounty Hunter/Mercenary. I'm playing that one committed to the light side, despite being and Imperial class.

A Bounty Hunter with a conscience